Manual Lymphatic Drainage
A gentle non-invasive therapy involving light, rhythmic and pumping hand movements to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow and stimulate the lymphatic system. Manual lymphatic drainage encourages lymph to drain out of the affected area and into an area that drains normally.
Helpful for alleviating many conditions including:
- post operative swelling
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or constipation
- facial swelling, puffy eyes, sinusitis, nasal congestion
- swollen legs or ankles, such as during pregnancy
- post plastic surgery (speeding up healing)
- stress reduction, calms the central nervous system
Oncology Massage Therapies are available at HRB Therapies with Hilary Bell MFHT.
"I trained in oncology therapies as I wanted to ensure that I was able to offer treatments to those when they are feeling probably most in need. Each treatment is bespoke and will be adjusted to ensure you are comfortable throughout. If travelling into one of my treatment rooms is not possible, then please get in contact to discuss either a home or hospice visit and I will do my best to get to you," Hilary.
Treatments can also be combined with MLD and Scar Therapy if required to help in recovery if post operative.